1, What is Japan METI filing
If cross-border e-commerce wants to sell live products on Amazon in Japan, it must hold PSE certificate + METI for record. PSE certificate needs to send samples to the laboratory for testing, and the certificate obtained after passing the test can be handled in domestic laboratories. And METI filing is to get the PSE certificate to Japan's Ministry of economy and industry (METI) for filing. If the products under the PSE category are to be put on the shelves of Amazon, they must submit the PSE certificate + METI for filing before they can be put on the shelves of Amazon, otherwise they will face the risk of being taken off the shelves.
Remember: PSE certificate and METI record are two kinds of proof materials, which should not be confused.
2, Information required for Japan METI filing
1. PSE certificate and report
2. Instructions and specifications in English or Japanese
3. Warranty Statement
4. Application form (to be completed according to PSE certificate)
5. Product picture
6. Business license of Japanese importer (if you are looking for an agent, you do not need to provide this information)
3, Japan METI filing process
1. Submit complete information. See below for the list of information
2. Japanese Importers submit information to Ministry of economy and Industry
3. Examined and recorded by the Ministry of economy and industry of Japan
4. Issue the original record letter + electronic file
Remember: Japan's METI filing needs to apply to Japan's Ministry of economy and industry, and the applicant must be a trading company registered locally in Japan.
4, Japan METI filing cycle
1. PSE certificate: 7-10 working days after receiving the sample
2. METI filing: 5-7 working days after the data are submitted
Remember: you should first apply for the PSE certificate, and then apply for the Japanese METI record. If you are a trader and do not have your own factory, you can ask if the factory has the PSE certificate and the METI record when you choose the source of goods. If you have these two qualifications, you will save a lot of things when you go on the shelves later.
5, How to choose Japan's METI filing agency
1. If you have a trading company in Japan, you can ask the company's personnel to bring all the information and apply to the local Ministry of economy and industry (the Ministry of economy and industry is a national institution in Japan, similar to the domestic market supervision and Administration Bureau)
2. If you don't have a trading company in Japan, you can choose a domestic agent. The domestic agent will use its own Japanese company as your Japanese importer. When selecting agents, we can start from the following aspects
(1) Qualification, whether it can provide you with Japanese Importers, depends on whether the Japanese company of this agent is its own. If it is its own, then the later controllability will be higher, because the thinking logic of Japanese is different from that of Chinese in many times. If there are its own people in Japan, then communication will be much easier.
(2) Experience, through the conversation or the data provided by the other party to judge whether there is experience. We should understand the different ways of handling different cases.
(3) Whether you can pack all of them in one stop and provide you with professional guidance from the beginning of PSE.