Introduction of certification
KC (Chesapeake Certification) Certification old said EK Certification, is a south Korean electronic electrical appliance SAFETY Certification system, namely the KC logo Certification, south Korea's technical standards institute (katz) on the basis of the electrical APPLIANCES SAFETY administration law (ELECTRIC APPLIANCES SAFETY CONTROL ACT) on January 1, 2009 began to implement the compulsory SAFETY Certification system.
To avoid repeated authentication, from July 1, 2012, EMC and Safety management, who apply for certification of electrical products, South Korea, for its Safety (Safety) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements, must get KC certificate and KCC certificate (new MSIP). There are two qualified Certification bodies for KC Certification: KTC (Korea Testing Certification) and KTL (Korea Electrical Testing Institute). These two are not only the certification authorities of KC, but also the qualification testing laboratory.
Safety standards, products that enter the Korean market requires compliance with the safety standards of South Korea K standard (similar to the IEC standard), using IEC standards must meet the requirements of South Korea, the national differences can be found in the announcement of the IECEE CB system. In terms of EMC, EMI standards in Korea are similar to CISPR standards, while EMS standards are similar to EN standards.
According to the latest requirements, the electrical appliances safety administration law according to dangerous levels of different products, the KC certification is divided into mandatory safety certification and safety certification, disciplined supplier self validation, including mandatory safety certification control of product risk is higher, low self supplier of the control of product risk.
The range of products certified by KC generally includes electrical products from AC50 v up to 1000 v down:
1. Wire and cable (Cords, Cables and Cord set)
2. Electrical Switches for Electrical Appliances
3. Capacitors and power filters (Capacitors or filters as components for power supply unit)
4. Installation Accessories and Connection Devices
5. Installation Equipment Protective
6. Safety Transformer and Similar Equipment
7. Household and Equipment Similar Appliances
8. Motor Tools
Audio, Video and Similar Electronic Appliances
10. IT and Office Appliances
11. Lighting machine (Lightings)
12. Appliance with Power Supply or Charger
Technical information: voltage frequency 110V/220V/380V, 60Hz or 50Hz/60Hz, plug KSC8305
Mandatory or not: mandatory
Validity of certificate:
1. Mandatory safety certification ---- -- no, annual review shall be valid (as follows)
2. Self-regulated safety confirmation ---- ----5 years
3. Supplier's self-confirmation ---- ---- without certificate, the confirmation letter is permanently valid
Factory inspection requirements: mandatory safety certification requires the first factory inspection and annual inspection
The holder requires that the mandatory safety certification must be a factory certificate and that the other two types of certification can be held by the factory/manufacturer/importer.